Saturday, April 12, 2008

Washington DC

This past week Greg and I took a trip (a babymoon) to Washington DC and New York City. Greg has never been (and we all know he is a history buff) and I went a long time ago. We had an awesome time. We started out in DC for 3 days and then New York for 3 days (ny pics will be below). In DC we saw all the typical sites: Washington MOnument, Lincoln and Jefferson Memorials, WWII memorial, Vietnam, Korean, White House, Capitol, Smithsonian, Holocaust Museum, National ARchives Museum, etc, etc. It is always really cool to see our nations capitol and to see how the country was founded. All the walking was a little hard on me in my pregnant state but I suffered through it and had a good time. We have never gone on a trip with just the 2 of us besides our honeymoon so it was great. We got to spend time with my old roommate Erika who lives our there. SHe showed us around a bit.

















This is the washington Monument at night. IT is so cool with all the lights. Here is Iwo Jima Memorial. It is soo b big and powerful.

Greg is really into taking pics so we have alot

with just scenery and no people.



Jefferson Memorial The White House






It was the Cherry Blossom season in DC. They are so amazing and are everywhere!! They have a big festival all around the area with food, music, etc. The flowers don't really smell but they are beautiful. Above is a picture of the cherry blossom trees lining the Potomoc River.














4 comments:

Amanda said...

WOW Beans, it looks like you had a fabulous time! How fun for you and Greg to get some one on one time before your little one arrives.

Heidi said...

I went to Washington DC too during my pregnancy. I stayed with y pregnant friend. I was only like 17 weeks along so I was fine with all the walking but she was about 26 weeks and her feet were killing her. Anyway, I am glad you guys got a fun vacation just the two of you. I love learning about our country's history too so that is a great place to visit.

Julie said...

DC is so much fun, that is so great you guys went there! When I went I missed the cherry blossoms by like 1 week.... I bet it was awesome! You look great by the way, what a cute tummy!!

kdance said...

The Churches are living the dream, baby! Sweet trip. We must take a couples vacation together some day...